Kismet Wireless

Kismet Forums

Posted by:dragorn
Subject:BSSIDSRC delivered for switched of WLAN card
Date:17:18:02 04/08/2017

> Hi,
>
> I am new in this forum and hope to get some advice by the experts around.
>
> I add and delete WLAN cards dynamically using ADDSRC and DELSRC. When I delete a source from kismet then I switch it's power off and the respective network interface vanishes as expected. Both commands are positively ACKnowledged by kisemt.
>
> BUT, surprise, surprise: Kismet delivers (over it's socket) BSSIDSRC packets claiming signal data coming from precisely this switched off sensor with an uptodate timestamp.
>
> Only when I switch off all sensors then kismet stops delivering such confusing data.
>

At this point that code is going to be deprecated in the very forseeable future with the completely rewritten code in git-master; I'm unlikely to spend any real time debugging/changing the old code at this point.

It's probably getting the data from another sensor; deleting a source wouldn't likely delete all the references to it for historical data.

The new capture/remote source is 100% rewritten so there's not a ton of value in trying to dig through the old code, sorry - you can try playing with git master though...

-m

Reply to this message